Newsletter

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Historic Brattonsville field trip

Cotton! I'm going to take this home and make a t-shirt!
There's enough here for all of us!
Since Jacie shared her earmuffs I'll share my cash crop.



We couldn't convince this Loyalist to change sides!!

I cannot believe this morning was a normal day in Spartanburg and a few hours later I have time traveled to this place and I'm in a field picking cotton!!

I want you to know about this brave slave named Watts that lived on this plantation.  He volunteered to fight for the Patriots in exchange for his freedom...and we all know how that turned out!

I think I can imagine how the soliders felt in Valley Forge with General Washington when the temperatures dropped to freezing, but they couldn't give up; they had to keep fighting.  I need to toughen up and pretend these boots are keeping my feet warm!  :  )

1 comment:

  1. These are som great pictures! Thank you for sharing these with us! I am glad to see that everyone had a great time (in spite of the weather!)

    ReplyDelete