Newsletter

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Buddy Bench Coming Soon!

 
 
Friday, October 10th at 8:30 outside near the playground, our 4th grade will present their "Buddy Bench" to Oakland Elementary.  For two weeks some of our students have been working under the supervision of Mr. Carroll to construct it.  This week we will paint and decorate it.  Some of us will be writing speeches that we will deliver that morning.  All parents are invited to attend.
 
 
 
Check back soon for our class's thoughts and reactions to this new addition to our playground.
Find out what it is, where it's coming from, and how it will be used!
 
Our class is writing friendly letters to our second grade friends in Mrs. Lunsford's class and in Mrs. Hutchins' class. We're answering their great questions about bullying. Mr. Caroll is also helping us build our own buddy bench! After we're done building and decorating the buddy bench we are going to donate the buddy bench to our very own playground for everyone to enjoy! By, Chloe Moyers
 
 I wrote to Mrs. Lunsford's class to answer their questions about bullying.
the thing I wrote about was '' Why do bullies bully certain people ? '' That is a really good question to me.
By: Sarah Reilly Mcmahon
I wrote to Mrs. Huthcin's class. I answered the question Why Do Bullies Bully Certain People. I like that Mrs. Hutchins is very nice.
By: Keira

We wrote to Mrs. Hutchins' class. We wrote to her class because they had a bunch of good questions.
I think we both agree bullying is something you should not be proud of. Just because someone is smaller than you doesn't mean you have the right to bully them.
DON'T BE A BULLY FOR THE PLEASURE!
By: Zachary & Connor

I wrote this because to me bullying is the worst thing that can happen to a person because in my mind bullying is like
doing drugs, people get addicted to it.
By: Johnathon Lewis


I had a wonderful time writing to my second grade teacher Mrs. Lunsford.
I remember her favorite saying was, ''A person's a person no matter how small.'' That was Dr. Suess' quote but I will always remember it as her's.
By: Chloe Moyers

I wrote to Mrs.Lunsford's class. I answered :how can you stop bullying?
By:Nazarii
 
 
Here's Maddox working on the Buddy Bench this past Friday.  Brooklyn took her turn with the hammer last Friday. 
 
Check out Mr. Craycraft, Keira's papa, helping all the 4th graders and their teachers stamp their thumbprint on the back of the bench. 
 

3 comments: