Newsletter

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Student-Led Conferences

Dear Mom and Dad,

     Please come to my conference.  Our time will be on Tuesday, October 21 or Thursday, October 23.  (My invitation will be coming home tomorrow.... Thursday, October 16th) You will be surprised to hear that I will have a big part in it!  I have set a reading and math goal for this year and want you to hear how I think I can reach it.  Also, I'll have a few more things I want to tell you.  I'll have my last year's PASS scores to give you and, of course, my report card.


Love,
Your son or daughter

P.S.  If we have time I'll show you around the Book Fair!


Kara sharing with her family her self-evaluation for the first 9 weeks of school.
Madison Lynn has everyone's attention as she explains how she can reach her reading goals.
Joseph is reviewing his report card with his mom.
Keira reviewing her wonderful progress with her papa.
Self-reflection is not always easy, but Connor has it all figured out.
Pierce, an avid reader, has chosen to work on his fluency in oral reading for the next nine weeks.  His dad is checking all the ways Pierce says he can help.

Max and his mom getting an early start on their conference.  Max was sharing his reading goals for the year. 
 





 
My goal for the year is to continue barking at the front door without mom yelling at me!

Catch of the Week

Social Studies Students will be able to explain the similarities and differences between the 13 original English colonies in terms of their gov’t, religion, economy, and lifestyle.

Reading– Intro new PBL “Tread Lightly” (look for parent letter this week)!Begin studying non-fiction text features as we start our new book “War of the Woods.”

Language– More practice turning fragments into sentences.

Math– Last week for multiplication of larger numbers (24 X 98).  Division starts the following week!

Science–  Play “Oh, Deer” game outside to understand the essential components of an animal’s habitat: food, water, shelter. And...review for Wed’s test.
 
 
Surf’s Up! (Tests & Projects)



Wed – Science TEST on inherited and learned behaviors and animal senses

Thurs– Language TEST on sentences/fragments

      Math TEST on 2 digit by 2 digit mult.

Wed- Thurs.  Social Studies in class Pic-Collage Project & Presentation on N.E, Middle, or Southern Colonies

 


        

 

 

 

 

 

 


    

1 comment:

  1. I think Cooper and our pooch Tanner have the same goal for this year!!

    ReplyDelete